I don’t know how I managed to miss this news before, like, 2 days ago, but manage it I did. Karl Lagerfeld, legendary fashion designer, is premiering a capsule collection for Macy’s which goes on sale today. Mr. Lagerfeld, in addition to designing his own line, also designs for the venerable House of Chanel.
You can see pictures of the entire collection at Fashionista.com. While it’s not reminiscent of the Mod style featured in yesterday’s post, this collection definitely has a retro 60’s feel. My favorites:
- The sleeveless black, fit and flare dress with the white collar. I would wear this with black, patterned tights and black boots.
- The pink, short-sleeved, high-waisted dress. Can’t you see a young Mia Farrow wearing something like this? I’d wear it with gray tights and gray or taupe python print pumps or flats.
- The fitted, brown leather jacket. I’d wear it with everything. Everything.
- The floral print dress with flat, chocolate brown boots. Flat, chocolate brown, suede boots.
- The gray, fitted sheath with a stand-up collar with the thin, black trim at the waist. I think it’s asking to be worn with some seriously sexy red pumps.
- Finally – and I can’t believe I’m admitting this publicly – but, a pair of those black, leather shorts are coming home with me. With black tights and booties and an ultra feminine blouse in ivory, gray or cream or a fitted turtleneck? Yeah, I think I can pull that off. If not, I will have a pair of black leather shorts designed by Karl Lagerfeld to sell on eBay.
The collection will only be in stores 6-8 weeks, depending on how quickly these pieces are snapped up.